- 2 lb tiny small cucumbers
- 1 cups of vinegar
- 3 chili peppers
- 3 cluster of dills
- 1 garlic (all cloves)
- 4 cups of boiling water (as needed)
- 3½ oz celery leaves
- ⅓ cup of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Wash the cucumbers and the herbs with cold water and dry them well
Chop the herbs
Mix boiled water, vinegar, and salt and sugar and boil them
Put the boiled liquid away to cool down
Place the cucumbers in a jar
Place the garlic and herbs between cucumbers
At the end put celery leaves on top and pour the cooling liquid on them
Tighten the lid of the jar and move it to a cooler place
After seven days or in some cases (depend on the cucumber and temperature) up to 30 days, your Khiar Shoor is ready.
- You should dry the cucumbers and herbs thoroughly after washing.
- While you’re waiting to pickle your cucumbers, do not put them in the refrigerator, but after you opened the lid, keep it in the fridge.
- More salt can make it saltier and tastier, but it wrinkles the cucumbers.
- Choosing small jars, make the maintenance easier.
- Choose tiny and small cucumbers for Khiar Shoor.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.26g | Protein: 0.33g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 1208mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 1.06g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Iron: 0.4mg